Given I am not a geologist who works with and invests in mining companies I’ve always been interested to learn more about it. My dad was a copper porphyry expert who managed Argentina for BHP so have been around them my whole life (and was lucky enough to learn a lot from him! for instance how to spell porphyry…). On top, over the years took several courses to deepen my understanding of the sector. Will be sharing in this blog any that are still being taught or accessible online.
Rob Stevens’ course (and companion book) is a brilliant way to get started on the right foot. I took his course in Vancouver in 2012 and still use the book, as it has many layers. I even organised for him to teach it in South America after that.
Recently he inspired me to find ways to make these complex topics simpler. Been tweeting a lot more in that line.
Anyhow, I digress. If you invest in metals and want to really supercharge your research, I wholeheartedly recommend taking his course. Click on the image to visit his website and see all his educational resources. You can thank me later!
If you enjoy my content for investors and are ready for more, start here:
- Want to continue learning? Here are some of our favourite books: https://paolarojas.blog/books/
- Investing? We use TradingView for analysis and portfolio tracking. Give it a go: https://www.tradingview.com/?aff_id=112842
- Australian investor? We use Sharesight to keep our trading and reporting running smoothly. Give it a try: https://portfolio.sharesight.com/refer/FFX12
- Need a flexible data management solution with strong automation capabilities to make your life easier? We use Airtable to store our research, content and more. Give it a try: https://airtable.com/invite/r/jQlnrhuf
- Need or have visuals? We use Shutterstock for our stock image needs, including investment reports plus socials. Give it a whirl: https://submit.shutterstock.com/?rid=266100898
- Keen on blogging? We use WordPress for this website. Give it a try: https://wordpress.com/refer-a-friend/0N0n3ZGTjkoRONXmZEeb/
- Seeking to improve your YouTube and other media reach? We use TubeBuddy to better tailor our keywords. You can give it a try for free: https://bit.ly/2LIvFHZ
Disclaimer: Our content may contain affiliate links, meaning we may receive a commission on products or services you buy. We only recommend products and services we use and love, so rest assured our opinions are unbiased.