As the lithium thesis becomes mainstream, other commodities that play a role in the energy transition are gaining ground. Graphite tops the list.
📊 Bloomberg Markets
Graphite is the largest component of li-ion batteries by volume, as it is most of the anode in an NMC chemistry.
📊 S&P Global Market Intelligence
Time to ponder an allocation, I’d say. You can’t make batteries if you don’t have access to raw materials.
For exposure, you may consider:
🔹 Northern Graphite Corporation | NGC
🔹 Graphite One Inc. | GPH
🔹 Leading Edge Materials Corp. | LEM
🔹 Nouveau Monde Graphite Inc. | NOU
🔹 SOVEREIGN METALS LIMITED | SVM
Got any positions?
Graphite is a naturally occurring form of crystalline carbon. It is a native element mineral found in metamorphic and igneous rocks.
Keen to dig deeper? Here are some resources for you:
- European Carbon and Graphite Association
- Graphite by Geoscience Australia
- Graphite facts by Natural Resources Canada
- Graphite pricing by Benchmark Mineral Intelligence
- Largest Graphite Mining Companies on ASX
- Visualizing the Natural Graphite Supply Problem by Visual Capitalist
Want to see what I’ve been saying about it? From the serious to the funny and everything in between.
Have a related question? Pop it below. I’ll add to future topics to cover in my content.
Here’s the mineral in a nutshell:
Note: assume I/we hold some if not all stocks mentioned on this website and social media.
If you enjoy my content for investors and are ready for more, start here:
- Want to continue learning? Here are some of our favourite books: https://paolarojas.blog/books/
- Investing? We use TradingView for analysis and portfolio tracking. Give it a go: https://www.tradingview.com/?aff_id=112842
- Australian investor? We use Sharesight to keep our trading and reporting running smoothly. Give it a try: https://portfolio.sharesight.com/refer/FFX12
- Need a flexible data management solution with strong automation capabilities to make your life easier? We use Airtable to store our research, content and more. Give it a try: https://airtable.com/invite/r/jQlnrhuf
- Need or have visuals? We use Shutterstock for our stock image needs, including investment reports plus socials. Give it a whirl: https://submit.shutterstock.com/?rid=266100898
- Keen on blogging? We use WordPress for this website. Give it a try: https://wordpress.com/refer-a-friend/0N0n3ZGTjkoRONXmZEeb/
- Seeking to improve your YouTube and other media reach? We use TubeBuddy to better tailor our keywords. You can give it a try for free: https://bit.ly/2LIvFHZ
Disclaimer: Our content may contain affiliate links, meaning we may receive a commission on products or services you buy. We only recommend products and services we use and love, so rest assured our opinions are unbiased.